Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Wednesday Writing Prompt and A-Z Challenge Letter = M



I have not posted in the A-Z challenge past the letter L except for the Letter W here. I also missed last weeks Wednesday Writing but here is a link to my previous attempt.

Today's Letter is M for Melancholy or Malady, Mayhem and also Madness. 
The Malady of Melancholy often leads to Madness and Mayhem in my life. In modern vernacular, it's just plain depression. I prefer to call it the malady of melancholy because it sounds so Jane Austen. I also read where Hamlet was known as the Melancholy Dane so I suppose this could make me the Melancholy Jane.

Depression can really suck the life out of you and it is very hard to explain to those around you who may have never had any experience with it. I have had years of therapy, which I love (check back for letter T), and have read so many self help books I should have some sort of honorary degree. I am sure of the root causes of this depressive episode but my challenge is to now attack each of those points individually and deal with them or just sleep in my crappy mismatched pjs for a few days.


And NOW - Welcome to our Creative Wednesday Writing Prompt!
It's a chance for you to get those creative juices going and share that creativity with fellow bloggers. And the co-bloggers joining me are - Carrie K Sorensen at Chasing Revery and Jane Bussey at A Writer's Muses! So, here are the rules: 1) There will be one photo, and five words - both of those elements must be a feature in the brief story you create. 2) There is also a 500 word maximum. 3) You have until the next Wednesday to create your post. 4) When you have finished your post, come back here and link up below and let me (or whoever your blog host is) know in the comments that you have done so! 5) I was going to tell you to not take this too seriously, but reconsidered it because I know full well asking writers to write something means that they will take it seriously. So, take it seriously, but don't fret/panic/pass out/hyperventalate/lose sleep/run in fear over it.
The Photo
Life ring
The Five Words (Taken from This Link)
Steering Wheel
Corner
CD
Video
Diving Board
So, get those creative juices flowing and once you have your story together, post your link below!

No comments:

Recent Comments

Previous Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...