Friday, April 27, 2012

A to Z Challenge Q for QUEST



I am still straggling in this challenge but I do want to finish it! I have chosen the word QUEST for today’s post.  
I realize the picture above is of Johnny Quest, a cartoon character from my childhood. I also hated that he did not have a sister, but then again a sister may have stolen the show. I was always in awe of his adventures.( The Hardy Boys and Nancy Drew series also fascinated me.) I came across this blog posting “How the World’s Most Ambitious Animated Series Came to Television” .

The whole point behind this Johnny Quest reference though is about following quests or adventures as I call them,  of our very own. I follow a wonderful blog by Pat Bean about her travels in an RV with her dog. I so want to be able to do that when I “grow up”. 

A friend stopped by my office to tell me about an outdoor boot camp fitness class she had joined. She was nervous about going alone as the only person she would know there would be the instructor. I challenged her to look at it as more of a quest and not as some sort of social event. She went, enjoyed it and did the work out.  I believe most girls grow up in an environment where they do things as a group.  I do recall a few times where I did not attend some function purely because no one I knew would be attending.  I started going to Zumba with a friend because she did not want to go alone. (I am the faithful, stand-by, ready to go type of friend that jumps at the chance to try something new!)

Over the years, I have become accustomed to doing things on my own. If an opportunity to do something I want to do presents itself and others do not want to participate, I will forge ahead and try to enjoy the experience. I think my quest this weekend will be to start cleaning the pool area for summer. Believe me that will be an adventure I will end up doing alone. Funny thing though, once the pool is cleaned and sparkly, I will then have plenty of people around. J



1 comment:

Karen S. Elliott said...

I had such a crush on Johnny. And Race Bannon, too! Fun reference for me today...so many memories! Thanks for putting a smile on this old lady's face!

Recent Comments

Previous Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...