Friday, April 6, 2012

A to Z Challenge the letter F = Five and a Quiz


A friend told me about this book several years ago and how it had helped her better understand the fellow she was dating. After a particularly horrifying breakup, I decided to add this one to the collection of self-help books I was reading.  I read it and took the quiz and it really brought out the differences in me and my former boyfriend. There were other factors involved in the demise of our relationship, but this book did explain some of the ways we were thinking.

Dr. Gary Chapman has written several of these books target at certain demographics, such as singles, teenagers, married couples and even children. I hope to read The Five Languages of Appreciation in the Workplace soon.  He has a wonderful with a quick survey that will give you a better understanding of the language you prefer for communication.

The five languages he writes about are:
Acts of service
Physical Touch
Receiving Gifts
Quality Time
Words of Affirmation

After reading this book, I realized I am a huge Quality Time person and my ex was an Acts of Service person. (He even fixed my sink and took out my trash once when he was in the neighborhood to visit way after we broke up)

Today, if you get a few moments, take the quiz just for fun and see what the results are!

No comments:

Recent Comments

Previous Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive