Thursday, April 5, 2012

A to Z Challenge the letter D = Daring



“Faith is not trying to believe something regardless of the evidence.  Faith is DARING to do something regardless of the consequences.”  Sherwood Eddy

I remember when my son was little and my sentences often started with, “ Don’t you dare….” I was young and probably could have phrased “Don’t you dare drive the lawnmower until you are older” in a more positive manner, but keeping up with him was exhausting. Granted he was a very precocious child and I never dreamed he would stick a key in the electrical outlet or drive off on the lawnmower before he was two year old. He was a very DARING child and observant. He studied people and their actions (sometimes too closely J) and was convinced he could do whatever they did.

So many of the women I admire had a DARING spirit. Amelia Earhart, Josephine Baker, Mae West, and the list goes on. Most if not all of the daring women of history suffered hardships in their pursuit to express themselves. If you firmly believe in something however, you do so with the understanding that you will face hardships.

You need not fly around the world to trek all over the globe to be daring. DARING can start in your own back yard. It could be as simple as trying a new food, taking up a sport, or standing up for a cause. I took up roller derby and today I wore a small tiara to work. Yes, a tiara. It resembles a headband somewhat but it is still a tiara.  I have also gotten comments from women my age who say they would not DARE to try to skate, much less play roller derby.   I DARE you to do something today that is different from your normal routine.
This is my favorite bumper sticker quote of all time and it is one of my mottos:


No comments:

Recent Comments

Previous Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive