I was intrigued by the Writers Platform Building Campaign and after reading the information posted there, I immediately signed up. I was thrilled today to be tagged by Jennifer Fishetto in an eleven questions posts. The challenge is to answer eleven questions and in return ask eleven questions to eleven other bloggers.
Jennifer’s questions were:
1. What is the one thing you wish you knew how to do but don't? Fix the carburetor on my motorcycle.
2. If you could instantly know a foreign language (one you don't already know), which would it be?
This is a tough one as French and Italian sound so lovely to me but for practicality reasons, I think Russian would be beneficial.
3. What is your first birthday memory? Opening a lovely box sent to me in the mail. My first ever package and inside was a real Malibu Barbie. My daughter played with her as a child and we still have her tucked away to this day.
4. If you could go back to age 21 (assuming you're legal, lol), knowing what you know now, would you?
I think there would be some sort of catch-22 to this scenario. I fully believe there would be an irony; I would know exactly what I need to do in a situation but a karmic curveball would come out of left field. However, that could make for a very interesting story.
5. If you went to your prom, was it everything you hoped? And if you didn't, do you regret it? My senior prom was not fun for me at all. I had been very ill most of that year and the effect did not leave me with a ravishing appearance.
6. Would you rather: perfect health, complete wealth, or never aging? All of these are very tempting but once again my practical and analytical nature prompts me to consider the pros and cons of each choice. The Picture of Dorian Grey immediately flashed into my mind as I considered never ageing and we all know what happened to him. If you don’t, I recommend the old movie with Hurd Hatfield and George Sanders. Complete wealth actually scares me. I have been blessed with improved health as I got older, (I am hoping that includes being lean and fit), so I will choose health.
7. What is your favorite TV show from childhood?
I grew up with 3 channels and we watched what my parents chose. I was also to busy Doing Stuff to watch much tv, but I did enjoy the Little Rascal reruns which came on when I returned home from school. I was allowed to watch Charlie’s Angels and Chips occasionally as well. The afterschool specials series were helpful with the messages they portrayed in pretty much making me believe I would never live to adulthood if I did some of those things.
8. Which is the best book you've read in the past year?
Madame Tussaud by: Michelle Moran , is one of my favorites from last year but I have read to many to list.
9. Which is your favorite book of all time? Again, this is a hard one. I have so many favorites that it would be hard to choose. So, I’ll just choose the Complete Works of Anna Katherine Green. She was the precursor to Agatha Christie. Her books are public domain by the way, and available on Project Gutenberg.
10. Which kitchen appliance could you not live without (not including the basics, fridge, stove, and sink)?
The microwave is naturally my choice. I don’t think I actually need a stove at this point, except for my son to sit his dirty dishes on.
11. If you had to choose, would you rather use an outhouse or have no electricity, forever? This could all be solved with the use of a generator but since that was not an option, I guess the outhouse. I am used to rustic camping and I don’t live where there would be snow to battle to open the door.
Now here are my eleven questions:
1. If you could live the life of any historical character or person from 1900 or earlier, who would that be?
2. Why did you choose that person?
3. What is the one thing in life you want to accomplish?
4. What tv show do you wish would be remade or produced?
5. What was the last book you read?
6. What is your favorite old (black and white) movie?
7. If you could invent one thing to benefit humanity, what would that be?
8. If you could grant someone you know a wish right now, what would that be?
9. What classroom memory do you have from elementary school?
10. Describe your favorite fruit without naming it.
11. Name a song that makes you feel happy whenever you hear it.
And I am tagging the following 11 bloggers:
1. Lesann Berry
2. J.C. Martin
7. Jess at Write,Skate, Dream (Love the Skating Reference!)
11. James Lackey